Sometimes the answers can’t be found by staying in our heads, we need to explore the wisdom of our body as well.
I use a holistic framework for addressing emotional difficulties, approaching them from the idea that emotions are often stored in the body. This mind-body approach allows us to complete unfinished business and facilitate deep long-lasting healing.
I draw on my qualifications as a registered psychologist, an initiatic art therapist, a life coach, and a certified Soul Art® Guide, along with my personal experience as one who has walked through the shadows many times.
Issues you might choose to address include anxiety, depression, grief, trauma, recovery from abuse and adverse childhood experiences, improving communication, body image issues and life transitions.
Because our stories can’t always be fully expressed in words, I use a number of mediums, including guided drawing, art therapy, sensorimotor psychotherapy, Soul Art® and journalling, in addition to more traditional approaches such as Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.
Sessions aim to facilitate healing through the release of ‘stuck’ energy and untapped emotion, allowing you to discover your own individual source of universal wisdom. You will experience a safe supportive place in which to reframe and redirect your personal story.
You do not need to have any creative experience whatsoever. The focus is on the process of movement, finding meaning and freeing energy in the body, not the finished product.
Sessions are held in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia or via Skype (or similar program) and last for 60 minutes. Bulk billing for in person sessions is available with a mental health care plan.
- We’ll discuss what’s been coming up for you, what you’d like to work on, and what you’ve already tried. We’ll come up with an overall idea of what needs to happen and how we might go about creating that.
- We won’t just talk about what’s happening, we’ll dig deep and start exploring. This often brings up more questions, which is why we might use art therapy approaches to deepen the exploration and connect with your body wisdom.
- We’ll integrate what we’ve learned, and come up with an active plan to make your transformation tangible in the real world. We’ll turn your insights into actions so that you can embody the changes in your daily life.
I have been a registered psychologist in Queensland, Australia, for almost 20 years, working in hospitals, universities, community clinics and private practice.
I am also a former President of the Eating Disorders Association of Qld and a current member of the Australian Psychological Society.
I am committed to going beyond intellectual processes to a much deeper level of creative and spiritual healing. My professional background stems from my personal quest to understand the human experience.
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology)
- Postgraduate Diploma of Professional Psychology
- Diploma of Life Coaching
- Certificate of Initiatic Art Therapy
- Certificate IV Workplace Assessment & Training
I work with those who are recovering from trauma, struggling with transitions, and remembering who they are. Healing involves honouring all our feelings, even the so-called ‘bad’ ones. When we do this, our outer circumstances start to align with who we are inside. We create our lives from the inside out.
Click here to visit my blog for free gifts, online courses, articles and more.
Contact me using the form below for more information or to book a Skype appointment. For appointments in Brisbane, please call 3299 1009. See map below for location.